The Duck Distraction tests your dog’s ability to mark two single retrieves whilst acting on commands given by the handler
This scurry simulates something you would have to handle every day when out on a shoot. Your dog will mark two single retrieves whilst still be able to handle to commands. One will be with shot, the other will be a straight forward seen retrieve without shot.
The challenge in this scurry is that your dog will have to retrieve them in the correct order. The dummy with no shot will need to be retrieved first, the dummy thrown in first, in order to qualify for a winning time. It will only be after this has been retrieved that the ‘duck distraction with shot’ can also be picked. To gain the fastest time, you must retrieve the dummies in the correct order.
Great fun and highly competitive, the Duck Distraction will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training, and of course be in with a chance of qualifying for the Chudleys Gundog Championship final too.
Enter the Duck Distraction today to compete in the Chudleys Gundog Championship, and you could be in with the chance of winning some fantastic cash prizes at the Midland Game Fair Grand Final.
Duck Distraction Gundog Scurry Prizes (On Each Day of the Event):
1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- The dog must be sat unrestrained in the box. At no time shall you touch your dog
- The clock starts when your dog crosses the line
- All dummies will be delivered to hand. All four paws must be in the box before the dummy can be returned to hand and the clock will be stopped. It is a disqualification if this rule is not followed
- If you retrieve any dummy in the wrong order, it will be a disqualification
- There will be a 2 metre x 2 metre box for you and your dog to stand in
- No bitches in season to enter this scurry
- At no time can your dog return to the box and be re-sent. This is a disqualification.
- Any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- Re-entry is permitted
- If your dog leaves the arena it’s a disqualification
- The Judges decision is final
- Any challenges to a decision needs to be made immediately after your run to the Gundog Organiser. Decisions can not be altered after this.
- Entries cost £2.50 each or 5 for £10.00
Juniors: No help from the parent or guardian of the child is allowed. The parent or guardian must be stood out of the arena, and at no time give verbal instructions to the child or dog.