Pick ‘n’ Mix: The perfect picking up set-up… has your dog got what it takes?
Pick ‘n’ Mix is designed to test your dog’s ability to choose from a selection of retrieves. This scurry relies on the perfect picking up scenario, with several birds that have already been shot lying in the undergrowth ready for your dog to retrieve. As always there is a twist, with one of these blind dummies also a bonus dummy, characterised by its smaller size.
Before your dog takes on the challenge, two more birds are then shot, with your dog required to pick up just one of these seen dummies and just one of the four blind retrieves. Should your dog be clever enough to pick the bonus dummy, your running time will be halved, opening this scurry to lots of different handlers and their dogs.
In this game, you won’t be disqualified should your dog pick both the two seen dummies and the one blind retrieve. However, if the smaller dummy is picked on this occasion you will not collect the bonus.
Great fun and highly competitive, Pick ‘n’ Mix will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training, and of course be in with a chance of qualifying for the Chudleys Gundog Championship Grand Final too.
Enter Pick ‘n’ Mix today to compete in the Chudleys Gundog Championship, and you could be in with a chance of winning a huge prize!
Short Fence Gundog Scurry Prizes:
1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
• The dog must be sat unrestrained and off-lead
• There will have been four blind dummies, including one small bonus dummy already placed before the challenge starts
• Two marked retrieves will be thrown in for your dog
• The dog is to be sat unrestrained in the designated area
• Do not send your dog until you are told by the steward
• Any dog that runs in will be disqualified
• You can send your dog in your own time for any other retrieves and the clock will be stopped each time the dog returns to the handler and the dummy delivered to hand
• The dog that retrieves one seen dummy and the bonus blind dummy in the quickest time will be the winner
• The clock will be stopped when the final dummy has been delivered to hand and placed in the designated container
• No Bitches to be run in season
• A time limit of two minutes will be allowed
• The Judges decision is final.