As simple as the name suggests!
Countryman Fairs Short Fence Gundog Scurry is a fast and fun representation of a real game shoot, and best still it’s achievable by all gundog breeds and skill levels.
Whether your dog is a seasoned competitor, or entering it’s first ever gundog scurry, the Short Fence will put your dog through his/her paces.
In the Short Fence a dummy will be launched from a static dummy launcher and will land the other side of a low fence. Your dog must retrieve the dummy, jumping the fence on both the outward and inward journey. The aim of this scurry is to complete the task in the fastest time… are you ready?
Great fun and highly competitive, the Short Fence will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training, and of course be in with a chance of qualifying for the Chudleys Gundog Championship final too.
Enter the Short Fence today to compete in the Chudleys Gundog Championship, and you could be in with the chance of winning some fantastic cash prizes at the Midland Game Fair Grand Final.
Short Fence Gundog Scurry Prizes (On Each Day of the Event):
1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- A single dummy will be fired from a static dummy launcher, which fires a Rim fire blank
- The dog must be sat unrestrained, off the lead in the marked box area any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- Send your dog only when the timekeeper tells you to, the Clock will start when the dog crosses the line, any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- There will be a 2mtr x 2mtr box for you and your dog to stand in.
- At no time is the dog allowed to return to the box and be resent, this is a disqualification
- The dummy must be delivered to hand and all four paws in the marked box area before the clock will be stopped
- There is a two minute time limit
- The dog that retrieves the dummy in the fastest time wins
- If your dog leaves the scurry arena it’s a disqualification
- No bitches to be run in season
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Re-entry is permitted
- Any challenges to a decision needs to be made immediately after your run to the Gundog Organiser. Decisions cannot be altered after this.
- Entries cost £2.50 each or 5 for £10.00
Juniors: No help from the parent or guardian of the child is allowed. The parent or guardian must be stood out of the arena, and at no time give verbal instructions to the child or dog.
Want to try?
The Short Fence is also open to all those who simply want to have-a-go! Just ask the stewards about entering, they’ll be more than happy to help!