A fast and furious scramble to bring back two retrieves over the obstacle course in the fastest time!
Whilst other gundog scurries require careful thought and consideration, here speed and tenacity is key!
In the Up and Over obstacles take the form of 4 ‘walls’, which span the width of the arena. Two ‘seen’ dummies are thrown in between these walls, and the dog with the fastest time for both retrieves wins.
Great fun and highly competitive, Up and Over will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training, and of course be in with a chance of qualifying for the Chudleys Gundog Championship final too.
Enter the Up and Over today to compete in the Chudleys Gundog Championship, and you could be in with the chance of winning some fantastic cash prizes at the Midland Game Fair Grand Final.
Up & Over Gundog Scurry Prizes:
1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- Two seen dummies will be thrown
- The dog must be sat unrestrained, off the lead in the marked box area any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- Send your dog only when the timekeeper tells you to
- The Clock will start when the dog crosses the line, any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- The clock will be stopped in-between retrieves. The timekeeper will tell you when to send your dog on each retrieve.
- Only one dummy at a time is to be retrieved.
- There will be a 2mtr x 2mtr box for you and your dog to stand in.
- At no time is the dog allowed to return to the box and be resent, this is a disqualification
- The dummy must be delivered to hand and all four paws in the marked box area before the clock will be stopped
- The dog that retrieves the dummies in the fastest time wins
- If your dog leaves the scurry arena it’s a disqualification
- No bitches to be run in season
- The judges decision is final
- Re-entry is permitted
- Any challenges to a decision needs to be made immediately after your run to the Gundog Organiser. Decisions cannot be altered after this.
- Entries cost £2.50 each or 5 for £10.00
Juniors: No help from the parent or guardian of the child is allowed. The parent or guardian must be stood out of the arena, and at no time give verbal instructions to the child or dog.
Want to try?
Up ‘n’ Over is also open to all those who simply want to have-a-go! Just ask the stewards about entering, they’ll be more than happy to help!