Great fun and highly competitive, the Working Test will put the working ability of your gundog to the test
The Chudleys Gundog Championship Working Test is a field trial that artificially simulates shooting day conditions.
Different from other gundog scurries, the Working Test and Field Trials have been developed to test working ability of gundogs in competitive conditions, and resemble, as closely as possible, a day’s shooting in the field including the use of live game. No live game is shot during the Working Test, but organizers can choose to use cold game.
Great fun and highly competitive, the Working Test will give you and your dog the chance to show off your quality training, and of course be in with the chance of qualifying for the Chudleys Gundog Championship grand final too.
Gundog Working Test Prizes:
1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet, Rosette & entry to the Final
2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet, Rosette & entry to the Final
3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- The dog must be sat unrestrained in the box. At no time shall you touch your dog
- The clock starts when your dog crosses the line
- All dummies will be delivered to hand. All four paws must be in the box before the dummy can be returned to hand and the clock will be stopped. It is a disqualification if this rule is not followed
- There will be different scenarios of the working test and these will be changed on each day and at each event
- If you retrieve any dummy in the wrong order, it will be a disqualification
- There will be a 2 metre x 2 metre box for you and your dog to stand in
- All dummies must be delivered to hand. All four of your dog’s paws must be in the box, before the dummy can be retrieved to hand and the clock stopped. It is a disqualification if this rule is not followed
- No bitches in season to enter the working test
- At no time can your dog return to the box and be re-sent. This is a disqualification.
- Any dog that runs in will be disqualified
- Re-entry is permitted
- Please ensure your dog is available to run in the Grand Final
- If your dog leaves the arena it’s a disqualification
- Any challenges to a decision needs to be made immediately after your run to the Gundog Organiser. Decisions cannot be altered after this.
- Entries cost £5:00.
Juniors: No help from the parent or guardian of the child is allowed. The parent or guardian must be stood out of the arena, and at no time give verbal instructions to the child or dog.
Want to try?
The Working Test is also open to all those who simply want to have-a-go! Just ask the stewards about entering, they’ll be more than happy to help!